Pan Fried Bananas
This is an amazingly easy and delicious snack or addition to breakfast! If you do it right the outside is slightly crispy with bits of caramelized chewy goodness while the inside is delectably warm and super sweet.
- 1 banana per person
- Coconut Oil
- Ground Cinnamon
- With one banana per person, slice to 1/2 inch thick, sprinkle with cinnamon
- Have an old jar or can ready to pour hot excess oil into.
- Using a skillet proportionate to your batch (I used a 5 inch teflon skillet for 2 bananas) put enough coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pan and stand about 1/3 the height of your banana slices.
- Heat the oil at just above medium heat until you can tell it might start smoking soon,
- Now add banana slices in a single layer, flat side down in the oil. Immediately turn down the stove to just under medium heat.
- Fry the bananas untouched for approximately 1.5 minutes. Flip one over to check for that golden crust. Use your best judgment on extra time, but check in 30 second intervals.
- Once you’ve flipped the entire batch over, carefully drain off most of the oil. Leave enough to still coat the bottom of the pan.
- Continue cooking for 2 minutes and then serve hot!
Share & Discuss
- cosmosandconfetti likes this
- stainedblackheart reblogged this from primalpalette
- healthybody-happyme likes this
- the-incredible likes this
- lavitasana likes this
- achubbygirlswalktolife reblogged this from in-my-own-skin
- achubbygirlswalktolife likes this
- in-my-own-skin reblogged this from primalpalette
- marquislaura reblogged this from primalpalette
- littlewhinging reblogged this from primalpalette
- littlewhinging likes this
- miuuku reblogged this from primalpalette
- southcarolinagirl likes this
- msmajik likes this
- elephant-ride likes this
- sgtbutete likes this
- thewebcoder likes this
- kristianalfred reblogged this from primalpalette
- whatkaraeats likes this
- primalpalette posted this