Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs Recipe
Taken from page 88 of The Best of Fine Cooking, Make-Ahead Holidays magazine, this is the recipe I bought the whole magazine for. Packed with flavor, this is a time tested crowd-pleaser with an entirely new spin. I secretly lamented not putting just a little daub of cream cheese on top of each one, it was so much like a lox sandwich. I think I might do that for the Thanksgiving batch! Read on for the full recipe »
Ingredients* (yields 12)
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs
- 4 oz. cold-smoked salmon, finely diced (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I made my own using Mark Sisson’s recipe in The Primal Blueprint Cookbook)
- 2 Tbs. minced red onion (I used white because it’s all I had, and it worked but the red onion would be preferable)
- 2 Tbs. capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. packed, finely grated lemon zest
- Fresh Ground Pepper
* USDA organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Peel and halve the eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks and crumble them into a medium bowl.
- Add the salmon, 3Tbs. chives, mayonnaise, onion, capers, lemon juice, zest, and 1/8 tsp black pepper and mix.
- Mound filling into egg whites, garnish with remaining chives and pepper.
- That’s it, you’re done! If there’s any survivors after the meal, keep them chilled in the fridge.
(Enjoy and let us know what you think in the comments!)
Share & Discuss
- piebird likes this
- cathide likes this
- aptlymodern likes this
- ctrinnys reblogged this from primalpalette and added:
- primalpalette posted this