Gluten Free Silver Dollar Pancakes Recipe
When Grokta’s cub was visiting we all felt like pancakes, but how is a caveperson supposed to pull that off? Luckily our friends at Elana’s Pantry had the situation covered.
The recipe easily serves two people, or in our case two and a half. We grownup Groks could only eat three tops, but the delicious bacon on the side might have helped!
- Grokta substituted homemade pecan flour for almond flour.
- The addition of one teaspoon of traditional pumpkin pie spice gives these cakes a wonderful flavor that is reminiscent of banana nut bread.
- Next time we’ll try mixing some banana into the batter.
- Fresh coffee with a splash of cream
- All natural bacon
- Scrambled eggs
- Mixed berries
- Irish butter & Vermont maple syrup
- Take the photo above and add the mixed berries, a scrambled egg, and a couple slices of bacon.
Primal Palette Challenge: If you make these with banana, using this or Elana’s original recipe, send us a pic and we’ll post it on our blog!